Careers Information and Guidance
Careers at Chipping Sodbury School
The Careers Team
Careers Lead – Tracey Cheverton
Careers Administrator - Emma Callaway
The Careers drop in centre
- We are situated next to the Canteen.
- You can speak to a member of the team by calling 01454 862900 or email email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can follow us on the school’s Facebook page
Please click HERE for the Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) Policy.
Events and opportunities at Chipping Sodbury School
A fulfilling careers program is vital in schools to help students develop the skills and ability to make the most appropriate education choices for their options within school, progression beyond school and in working life. We work with all students in all year groups and our careers program is delivered in a variety of ways. This is rolled out through our Life program, further educational visits which includes a number of activities from guest speakers to a whole school careers event for all year groups.
We have an impartial careers advisor who sees all year 10 students on a one to one basis. The detailed report is emailed home for parents/carers and students to revisit.
- Two career notice boards are situated outside the Careers Office which are regularly updated with information, courses available and job and apprenticeship opportunities.
- Each classroom has posters promoting career pathways within each subject.
The careers program follows strict Government guidelines to ensure the quality of its delivery. The GATSBY benchmarks are:
Please also see the following Careers related links and opportunities:
www.careerpilot.org.uk - Please log in with student name and school email address
(Please note that Chipping Sodbury School is not responsible for content on external websites.)